We take you on an exciting cultural and educational journey to Africa through cooking experiences paired with live African music, drinks and storytelling. Learn how to cook delicious dishes from the continent of Africa either in person or online.
Motherland Cooking Xperience was founded with the aim of providing a platform for immigrants with ties to Africa to showcase their talent, through food, music, art, and storytelling in an effort to bridge the cultural gap between African immigrants, their families and their communities of residence.
We also want to empower them financially and foster faster inclusion and participation in their communities. At Motherland Cooking Xperience, we are passionate about teaching cultural competency by showcasing the diverse and exciting cultures of Africa through interactive delicious cooking demos and classes, beverages and food, as well as music and storytelling from Africa.
We are a practical option for improving and increasing cultural competency for schools, companies and the community as a whole.
Social media handles:
Why do you need our products/services?
Every cooking experience is a hands-on but relaxed experience.
Plus, we are excited that you get to go home with the easy to follow recipes straight from our homes to yours.
– We can travel to you
– Learn about Africa’s diversity and cultures
– Travel without ever living your home.
– We offer a safe space to ask questions
– It is fun and relaxing
– Cook in your kitchen and be as free as a bird
– Increase your cultural intelligence
– Your kids will become world citizens and hone their cooking skills
– Reconnect with the motherland even before you get there
– Continue re-connection after visiting or tracing roots
– If you want to host this experience at your home with friends and families, we got you!
– If this is for team building for your employees or cultural competency training, we got you!
– Are you looking for a new cultural experience? We got you!
– Are you trying to trace and reconnect with your roots back in the motherland? We got you.
– Bachelorette parties, Girls Night Out, Foodies and Adventurers, we got you!
– If you need culturally competent experiences that transform your kids to world citizens, we got you!
1. Annual Pass Our annual virtual subscription comes with:
a. 1 Download of 10 African Recipes worth $10
b. 1 annual admission to 12 Virtual Motherland Cooking Xperience events with an African chef and live music worth $420 ($35 per month.)
c. Live African Music from diverse talented African musicians.
d. Learn about ingredients used and the regions or countries they come from. Full values at $427.69, you only pay $199.79 and save $227.9
2. Kids Cooking Classes
Welcome to Motherland Cooking Xperience, the only fully curated African cultural experience that pairs food, art, storytelling, and music together in a unique, interactive, and intimate setting.
Are you looking for something educational, special, ethnic; an adventurous experience for you and your kids?
We have got you!
Join us this year for the perfect mix of cooking, eating, and food-themed fun. In these 2-hour camps, kids get to chop, blend, and cook their way to a different delicious dish from Africa each day. We will; enjoy our creations together at the end with plenty left for the whole family!
Each day includes about an hour of cooking (with you acting as your child’s sous chef as needed), along with education about the ingredients, the people that use them, and their region of origin in Africa.
Interactive and engaging with small camp sizes on Zoom platform (max 12 participants/screens)
Delicious vegetarian recipes with modifications are available for allergies/dietary restrictions. Recipes, ingredient list & equipment list provided in advance.
We are excited to share these recipes and stories with you. Our cooks are seasoned cooks from different African countries, each one bringing their own style, stories, and history with love.
So, come away with us to Africa!
What you get: 1 recipe per class Live music Storytelling Discover Africa
Further instructions: The price is $125 per week. Monday-Friday 9:30-11:30 am (US Central time) Siblings or family members in the same household can participate on a shared screen (provided they are within the age range or older). Camps are nonrefundable, and we regret we can’t offer makeups for missed days.
Meal Prep Kit Add-on: $100 (Greater Grand Rapids Only) https://www.motherlandcookingxperience.com/product-page/kids-cooking-classes
3. Date Night
It’s Date Night; let us take you to Africa. You will be guided by our chef and serenaded by our African creative.
Welcome to Motherland Cooking Xperience, the only fully curated African cultural experience that pairs food, art storytelling, and music together in a unique, interactive and virtual setting. We are excited to share these recipes and stories with you. Our cooks are seasoned cooks from different African countries, each one bringing their own style, stories and history with love. So, come away with us to Africa! What you get: Learn about African weddings, culture, and expressions of love. 3-course meal demo Live music Recipes Storytelling The price is $75 per person.
African Cooking Demo | Motherland Cooking Xperience
- Address6990 Crsytal View Dr SE
- CategoryBakery, Catering, Entertainment, Event Planning, Family Friendly Entertainment, Food & Beverages, Music, Online Shopping, Sauces & Spices
- TagsAfrican cooking class, african cuisine, Cultural competency training, reconnect with the motherland
- By Mirabel Umenei
- Email: email@example.com